Home Welcome to the homepage of the Isotope Bioscience Laboratory - ISOFYS.
ISOFYS is equipped with diverse state-of-the-art stable and radioisotope analytical equipment and carries out highly international oriented research and education on isotope biogeochemistry, climate change mitigation and adaptation, and integrated tropical soil fertility. Doing so ISOFYS contributes to a process based understanding of ecosystem functions. The isotope facilities are open for any type of service or scientific collaboration.
The ISOFYS research group is part of the Department of Applied Analytical and Physical Chemistry of the Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
of Ghent University in Belgium
ISOFYS is part of the following research consortia:
- AMBERLAB: Advanced Mass Spectrometry for Bioscience Engineering Research Laboratory
- CONGO BIODIVERSITY INITIATIVE
- SOGLO: Soil System under Global Change
- DeepCHALLA: Two glacial-interglacial cycles (~250,000 years) of climate and ecosystem dynamics on the East African equator
- IMIXSED: Integrating Isotopic Techniques with Bayesian Modelling for Improved Assessment and Management of Global Sedimentation Problems
Prof. Pascal Boeckx of ISOFYS is chairing the Benelux Association of Stable Isotope Scientists - BASIS
and is an expert for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change - IPCC